Alice! Health Promotion - building a healthy environment that supports development and achievement of students and the University community.
Recognizing that health is a vital part of learning, Alice! Health Promotion works to create and sustain a healthy University community in which students can achieve their personal and academic goals.
Utilizing the Standards of Practice for Health Promotion in Higher Education, the goals of Alice! are to:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate culturally competent evidence- and theory-informed health promotion initiatives addressing priority health issues;
- Ensure the accessibility, accuracy, usability, utilization, efficiency, and sustainability of health promotion initiatives; and
- Conduct innovative research on health promotion in higher education and convey our results to the world.
Alice! Health Promotion seeks to make students and the University community healthier by connecting individuals and groups with information and resources, cultivating healthy attitudes and behaviors, promoting health, supporting policy, and fostering a culture that values and supports health.
We believe that health is vital to learning and we strive to connect our work to the mission of Columbia University. Our work is guided by the Standards of Practice for Health Promotion in Higher Education and our role is to:
- Assess the health status of students;
- Strategically plan to prevent student health issues at all levels of the socioecologial model;
- Collaborate with students and colleagues across the University to improve the health of the campus community; and
- Develop, implement, and evaluate theory- and evidence-informed health promotion initiatives.